Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

KInder Tribe LInky!



 Hi new friends!
Today I'm linking up for the Kinder Tribe's first linky party, All About This Kinder Teacher!
This is my VERY first Linky Party EVER! So exciting!

Click on the image below to learn more about the linky and how you can link up too!


I recently discovered the amazingness of kindergarten blog groups! I first joined Simply Kinder and recently joined a new group called the Kinder Tribe! These ladies have fabulous tips, and are chock full of ideas and support. 

The Linky below is a way for us to get to know each other a little better :)
Here's a bit about me ...


Years Teaching
I graduated last May and was lucky enough to get a job where I went to school! I'm surrounded by awesome mentors, my old teachers, and strong community. My school is a Title 1, and there is a ton of diversity. I'm so appreciative of my job.

My Mac
I spend a ton of time on my Mac. It has all of my fonts on it, because I'm worried to download them to my school computer :D

Mmmm
Love Scentos and Mr. Sketch! Just brings a little extra satisfaction in anchor chart-making and grading.

Pete the Cat
The kids love singing along with this cool character. Any book where the kids laugh and sing make my day.
My favorite book for 1-3 is This Moose Belongs to Me by Oliver Jeffers. I read it to my babies, and they just didn't get the humor like the second graders did when I read it to them. 

Oddly Obsessed...
with Mr. Greg from the rainbow-tastic Kindergarten Smorgasboard. When I did my practicum in K, he got me through it and inspired me to love those crazy kids. His ideas are fun, affordable, and gives you a different perspective about teaching the babies.

Tears to Laughter
The beginning of my first year was exhausting and emotional. I thought K wasn't for me, but gradually, I figured out these kids get me! They think I'm a celebrity, a second mom, and the "best teacher ever"! These kids teach me everyday, and help me to appreciate the little things in life. I'm greeted with more hugs and laughs than anyone I know.

Alright! Join us on Facebook and the new Kinder Tribe blog!



9 comments:

  1. How neat that you get to teach at the school you grew up at! One of our 3rd grade teachers and our speech teacher also went to school at my school when they were kids. :)
    Jen
    Teaching with Chevron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very lucky! It's like a little family!

      Delete
  2. Smelly markers=happy teachers :) Haha totally agree! And Smorgie is a go-to for innovative ideas!! Thanks for linking up with us!! I am so excited to collaborate more with you in the Kinder Tribe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You survived your first year in kindergarten! Yeah! Every year, I have to remind myself to get through those first 3 weeks of school, because it gets so much easier after that! I heart smelly markers too... a little more than those flair pens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Taylor! So excited to meet you & be part of our new "kinder family"! I'm really looking forward to sharing & collaborating with you and our "tribe"! I love your blog!
    Annie Veas ~ The Learning Studio Bug :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your cute blog!! How cool that you get to teach at the school you grew up in! I also love Greg from Kindergarten Smorgasboard! I got the chance to meet him this summer in Nashville (luckily I am also a TN teacher), and he is AWESOME!! I can't wait to learn more about you, and you are going to rock this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put my MAC too! I could not live without mine. I agree on smelly markers. Something about a smelly star and smiley face really helps kinder kids work!! So glad you found the groups!!
    BuzzIntoKinder

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got a MAC and love it! It is so light and I can bring it everywhere. Best of luck this year, I know its going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking into buying a MAC and I can not wait!!! I love Pete the Cat books too they are the best!! Thanks so much for linking up and telling us all about you! I look forward to getting to know you more through our kindertribe!!!
    Jill
    Chevronandcenters

    ReplyDelete